It’s ACE supporting the Happy School and creating Happy Kids.
$10.00 buys books and stationary for one student for one year
$30.00 buys rice for one student for one year
$40.00 buys one child a scholarship to State School for one year
AUSTRALIANS FOR CAMBODIAN EDUCATION (ACE) was established in March 2004 by a group of volunteers from The Happy School and a collective of other concerned parties in Australia. ACE aims to raise resources for, and awareness about, The Happy School Project in Cambodia. These aims are pursued through fundraising events, individual and group sponsorship and community education programs. Most importantly, ACE seeks to connect Australians with The Happy School children by offering opportunities to participate in our activities at every level.
The resources raised by ACE are used to:
- pay for rent, school supplies and teacher salaries at The Happy School
- provide professional development and training for staff
- develop curriculum and enhance quality of education delivered
- support students to reintegrate into state school and vocational training
- acquire surrounding land and facilities to expand the project and include more students
- build a recreation area to encourage play and creative expression
- connect students and families with a network of social services
- purchase rice to support families
“Through events, sponsorship and donations ACE creates opportunities for Australians to learn about, and be directly involved in, supporting the Happy School project in Cambodia.”
- To always be informed in our goals and activities by the specific needs of the Happy School.
- To operate in a transparent and inclusive way that provides members and the public with access to information and decision-making at every level.
- To seek participation and involvement above the raising of financial resources.
- To focus on providing accurate and culturally aware information about Cambodia and the Happy School.
- To raise resources to support the Happy School project
- To create awareness among Australians about the Happy School project and life in Cambodia